Benefits of Red Light Therapy for Skin
Looking to nourish your skin from within? Red Light Therapy uses specialized low-intensity red and near-infrared lights to help improve a variety of skin conditions. The targeted red lights work to activate parts of your cells known as the mitochondria. As it penetrates your skin’s tissue, the light is absorbed, leading to positive improvement in a variety of skin conditions. Wondering if Red Light Therapy could help your skin? Keep reading below to learn about the many benefits of Red Light Therapy for your skin.
How Can Red Light Therapy Help My Skin?
Red Light Therapy has shown positive results in promoting great skin health. Whether you have a specific condition you’d like to target, or just want to promote youthful skin, Red Light Therapy is a safe and effective option. This type of light therapy does not use the same ultraviolet (UV) light as tanning beds, which has been linked to skin cancer. The side effects and risks of Red Light Therapy are quite minimal, making this a versatile treatment option for many people.
Lots of medical research has supported the use of Red Light Therapy for improved skin health. However, more research is still needed to determine the full effects. At present, Red Light Therapy has been found to help improve your skin through the following mechanisms:
- Enhanced collagen production, leading to more strength and elasticity of the skin
- Reduced cell inflammation
- Improved blood circulation to tissues
- More fibroblasts (cells that create collagen)
What Are the Benefits of Red Light Therapy?
Red Light Therapy may help improve the following skin conditions:
- Anti-Aging: Worried about maintaining a youthful appearance? Feeling like your skin is looking older or tired? Try Red Light Therapy today! Studies have concluded that Red Light Therapy may help enhance the rapid production of collagen, leading to a more youthful skin appearance. Increased collagen production can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lift your skin.
- Acne: Studies suggest the ability of red light to decrease inflammation can help improve certain types of acne.
- Scars: Have a scar from a surgery or accident that you’re not too fond of? Red Light Therapy may enhance faster and better healing and fading of unpleasant scaring.
- Stretch Marks: Like scars, Red Light Therapy can also help encourage fading of stretch marks by enhancing collagen production and healing.
- Specific Skin Conditions: Red Light Therapy may improve certain inflammatory skin conditions, such as Psoriasis, Rosacea, and Eczema. When combined with other medical treatments, Red Light Therapy can be an effective treatment option for the management of these conditions.
- Skin Texture: Want beautiful and smooth skin? Try Red Light Therapy to enhance your skin’s texture. Red Light Therapy can reduce wrinkles, fine lines, or age spots.
See for yourself the many ways Red Light Therapy can leave your skin looking flawless! Interested in benefiting from red light therapy yourself? Try out Icebox’s Red Light Therapy at a studio near you.